With JB leaving for NYC (again) for 7 weeks on Sunday I thought it would do me some good to take stock of what made me happy this week. Always count your blessings etc. I have to admit that I am in a bit of a funk about him leaving...I know we'll be ok because we have done this before and survived just fine. It's just not my favourite thing when he is so far away in a different time zone for so long...Anyway, back to the positive! These posts are inspired by the lovely Rosie.
1) Discovering Orange is the New Black. This show was recommended to me by a work colleague and I'm absolutely hooked. The premise: Piper Chapman finds herself serving a 15 month sentence in a womens' prison for a crime she committed ten years ago. It's a talented cast (if anything the supporting characters outshine the principal characters) and the show manages to fairly tastefully combine the tragic with the comedic. Check it out and let me know what you think.
2) Spending a lovely evening with JB at Epi Dupin, one of our favourite restaurants. The menu changes every season but we are never disappointed with the quality and the tastiness of the food. The staff are very friendly (but not too friendly) and the service manages to be efficient with a laid back atmosphere.
3) Eating a pain au chocolat almost everyday for breakfast this week. This has done neither my insides nor my waistline any good whatsoever, but I'm having a final patisserie splurge before stocking up on veggies and fruit again. When Jon goes away, I want to dedicate some time getting back to good eating habits but still enjoying the odd indulgence of course!
4) Discovering Meg's blog post on a brunch spot in Paris which I'd never heard of before! I'm excited to check out Claus this weekend with JB (we've reserved a table for brunch there tomorrow). I will let you know how it goes...but I have a feeling it is going to be great. The product packaging alone tells me great things will happen there!
5) Planning weekend trips away with friends. Two of which will take place whilst JB is away, so that will keep me busy and occupied instead of staying indoors and moping!
6) Having the opportunity to re-read "Never Let Me Go" by Kazuo Ishiguro because it was chosen for book club. It's classed as science fiction which is a genre I tend to avoid. I think it is such a beautiful book. I'm going to be sure to also watch the film.
7) Selling things on eBay. It always feels good to have a clear out of my closet! And to get money for it is even better!! I'm not a big eBay user, I went through a period of buying some items from there and never had any bad experiences. I've had only positive experiences with people who have bought my clothes so it comes in handy from time to time. I have to accept that I should probably let go of the clothes I wore at university...
8) Living in Montreuil. I love our apartment. I love the space. I love the area (it is so much more peaceful!)
9) Spending a lovely evening in the company of good friends to celebrate (yet again) JB turning 30. Everyone had a great evening and boy did we manage to get through an impressive amount of wine and champagne!! At about 3:30 am my batteries totally ran out and as we were hosting at our apartment I simply climbed the stairs to our bedroom and dived under the covers...oops! Won't be winning any prizes for best hostess, sorry guys!
10) Work has been a little different lately, in that I have been doing new tasks which I'm less knowledgeable about. It's a good feeling to know that you're learning something valuable!
I have a busy weekend ahead of me, full of fun stuff with friends. I hope you all have a lovely weekend! Lou xxxx