Last night JB and i watched this Canadian movie.
David is an adolescent fortysomething year old. He owes some people a lot of money, and working in his family's business (butchery) is just not going to cut it.
One day, he finds a lawyer in his apartment. The lawyer represents a sperm bank which David contributed to in his twenties. It turns out that he has fathered a total of 533 children, 142 of whom are taking the sperm bank to court in order to reveal the identity of Starbuck (the name David gave on his form).
Oh and his girlfriend is pregnant (with his child).
Apparently the film title references a Canadian bull who produced hundreds of thousands of baby bulls through artificial semination between the 1980s and 1990s.
I don't want to tell you anymore as that would perhaps spoil the movie for you.
I really liked the film. It was very sweet and touching with some "laugh out loud" moments.
Some things pushed the boundaries of credibility, but this didn't spoil my overall impression.
There's a particularly sweet moment between David and his father, which had me in tears because it sent the clear message that your family will be there for you, through thick and thin and through the absolute worst times of your life.
That made me momentarily sad. But then JB said some very lovely stuff to me which made me feel much better and stopped the sobbing.
But to not make this all about me, I recommend you watch the film.
The Canadian accent may take some getting used to, it is not for everyone. Focus on those subtitles : )
It's been a while since i have praised some of my fellow bloggers, so here is what i have been enjoying recently :
- Suzi from A Rosy Day went to Shake Shack and i got slightly jealous and nostalgic as i remembered my last Shake Shack in NYC (Madison Square Park) with JB, Rachel and G.
- Doesn't the lovely Rosie look so cute?! I envy this lady's hair.
- The lovely Irela got a VITAMIX and dropped Finding Nemo in to the mix.
- I love The Accidental Londoner's blog. Whenever i'm pining for London, i just go on to Flora's blog and i find a post which soothes my soul. I loved her latest post (p.s. Roar wins it for me Flora!)
- Guess who's back (back back), Charlotte's back (back back)!
- For any yogis out there, another interesting read from Strala Yoga. I went back to a French yoga studio yesterday and took all the creativity, confidence and honesty with me that i had absorbed from Strala.
My body is a little achy today but i had a good time, i sweat like a trooper and i slept like a baby in JB's arms!
I hope your week has got off to a great start! Enjoy : )