Paris in August is peaceful - everyone goes on holiday and everything becomes less crowded. If you like dining out however, it can be a bit of a kerfuffle. You can never wing it, restaurant wise, in Paris during the month of August because a lot of them close for the month.
Work is also quiet - I’m contemplating working from home for the rest of the week because honestly, it is like a ghost town in the office and I feel like I’d get more done from my lovely apartment with no distractions. It would also cut out the 1 hour commute each way.
JB and I have booked our holiday for the end of September and I'm really looking forward to setting my out of office. I’ve decided to get a Kindle, as I don’t feel like lugging a ton of books with me (we’re going to Mauritius, so there will be lots of down time and reading on the beach with a cocktail beside me). I’ve just finished Tales of the City by Armistead Maupin and I cannot wait to read the rest of the series. Do any of you have any book suggestions for me? I’m all ears.
I’ve recently found some time to read some of the blogs I follow. I don’t think I’m the only one who doesn’t have time to properly sit down and read things because…life! Here is what I have enjoyed recently and would like to share with you:
- Women Who are Ambivalent about Women Against Women Against Feminism by The Bloggess
- What are your weekend morning rituals? I like to catch up on TV shows, whilst JB is sleeping next to me in bed. Then I’ll either head out before midday to meet a friend for coffee or do brunch in the apartment with Jon. We’re also getting much better at waking up on either Saturday or Sunday and heading out for a run before breakfast.
- Flora wrote a lovely post about her recent trip to France which made me want to rent a car with JB and book some time off work
- Freya wrote a great post about yoga which introduced me to Bad Yogi, Erin Motz and I’ve just started her 10 day yoga challenge. I found that fitting in 1 hour of yoga everyday was becoming a bit impossible for me. I’m only on day 3 but the good thing is that I can do one, or two ,or even three of the videos and feel like I have achieved something, feeling good in both my body and my mind : )
- I always make sure to catch Laura Bates’ articles on The Guardian. I shared this article, highlighting some sexist scenarios that women have to deal with in the workplace, with a friend and it was disheartening to share our own experiences but I’m glad that at least we’re having these conversations.
I hope you’ve all had a good start to the week, if you’re not already out of the office on holiday.