Can you tell that I have been listening to Sting and The Police recently...because I have. What else have I been up to? My it has been well over a week since my last post, it's just been a bit of a busy period where I have been enjoying living in the moment a lot and not making a little record of it here. So let me give you a round up. Here goes:
- We celebrated JB's 30th birthday. What a milestone, what a guy, what a lovely little evening we had on the 21st celebrating with (some of) our cherished friends and his mum! Happy Birthday my love!
- I welcomed back Ineke, who had been on holiday in South Africa for ONE WHOLE MONTH. I really missed her both in the office and outside of the office! Luckily I was able to keep up with her adventures via her Instagram. Ineke has kindly agreed to do a guest post here on her South African adventures!
- Going back to book club. FINALLY. These monthly get togethers are so much fun. It's basically a big group of English and Americans (often with a token Frenchie thrown in for good measure!) getting together, discussing a book we've all voted for and then gossiping in a very English way :) This month it was Gone Girl which sure was a bit of a shocker and seemed to bring up the recurring phrase "But Amy's a sociopath/psychopath" quite a lot...
- I've started taking Weleda's Organic Birch Juice: it helps your body to cleanse itself of toxins which in turn apparently improves your complexion. I was impressed by the taste, I'd compare it to berries.
- Planning weekend trips to Edinbourgh, Toulouse and Stockholm - can't wait!
- Cooking and baking. Recent recipes have included this cake and mac and cheese from Joy the Baker. I also made blueberry cobbler (recipe stolen from the lovely hey natalie jean). All of which have turned out to be rather successful, so I'm a little smug to say the least and have the confidence to continue with the baking and cooking.
- I started knitting! Maude, who I know through Rachel because they've been friends since they were practically in nappies, gave us our first lesson last Saturday. I've been practicing this week with bizarre results as you can see below, but I'm enjoying it and looking forward to starting my Wool and the Gang Snood. Maude is a very encouraging and positive teacher so I'm very lucky!
|Birthday Card from Big Sister Binns photo-bombing my recent knitting practice!|
Over the weekend, I'll be telling you about a lovely crêperie that I went to this week and a new wine bar that I recently tried out where we sampled a Bordeaux wine called Bad Boy, as you do!
Ciao for now, hope you all have a relaxing weekend! Lou xxxxxx