I've just come back from a hen weekend in London, so you may notice that this is almost a London themed compilation : )
1) Being in London! It's always so fun to go, as it is SO different to Paris.
I like different things about both cities so i think i'm very lucky to have the best of both worlds.
2) Taking part in a cocktail workshop at London Cocktail Club (Goodge Street).
This was so fun! It lasted just over two hours and was a great thing to do with the other girls as part of Claire's hen weekend.
My favourites? Porn Star Martini, Classic Daiquiri and Whisky Sour.
3) Pink Grapefruits. They're delicious, whether as a fresh juice or in their original form.
Good for you too, and perfect hydration for the summer heat.
4) Indulging in Champagne High Tea at Kettners. There was a delicious selection of scones, sandwiches, tea and other goodies. Plus it was a really nice opportunity to get to know some of Claire's uni friends better - lovely girls!
5) Being with Maryana. Enuf said : )
6) Continuing the countdown to NY - it currently stands at 3 days.
7) New books to read. My friends have kindly supplied me with some new books!
Nancy Mitford's Love in a Cold Climate (Claire)
Paul Auster's Leviathan (Ineke)
8) My Zadig et Voltaire goodies.
Rachel kindly let me in on her staff discount and i made some great savings on a gorgeous bag and a beautiful blazer.
9) Flora from The Accidental Londoner emailed me with some brilliant suggestions of thing to eat, drink and do in the Big Apple. So kind of her. And added to my general excitement for the trip.
10. These 2 make up posts.
With the incredibly hot weather, a girl needs to be able to count on her make up more than ever!
(I totally have my eye on that Laura Geller Spackle Trio!)
|Café Bohème - one of my favourite places to eat in London|
|Champagne tea at Kettners|
|Evan our Norwegian barman for the cocktail workshop|
I'd love to hear what made you happy this week?
*Please go here to find the lovely Rosie's series of 10 things