|Store front, Prince Street NYC|
Happy Friday folks :) I hope you've all had a positive week, and that you have exciting plans for the weekend!!!!
Here is my list of 10 things that have made me happy this week, inspired by the lovely Rosie
1) Escaping Paris for holidays in NYC. This city has amazing energy and i am enjoying every (slightly polluted) breath that i take here.
2) Hanging out here for a little bit with Rachel and G. They're such a great couple who are getting married this summer, which is going to be very beautiful, and it was really fun to hang with them this past week : ) Friends are really important, and these two are certainly very special.
3) The amazing yoga i've experienced at Strala Yoga. I was lucky enough to do both a Strong and Relax class with THE Tara Stiles which was very very special, as well as experience other Strala yoga guides all of whom have radiated health and positivity. They've truly inspired confidence within me, yogi wise. I mean i can almost do a handstand (near a wall obviously!)
4) Following the awesome Strala Yoga playlists.
I've tweeted them if you're interested :) @LouLou_Poubelle
5) Discovering the health food stores and juices that NYC has to offer. This city has it nailed when it comes to organic products. I love that. I'm on the lookout for a face wash as mine has run out, so i'll be popping into the huge Whole Foods store at Union Square. I've had a bit of a breakout since arriving here, sad times, but the situation is under control thanks to Bobbi Brown.
6) My health. Good health is everything. Cherish it and look after yourself bloggers. And if you have a spare second please send some love and light to my wonderful friend Maryana and her amazing mum and dad, who is a little fragile right now (but fighting a strong fight as ever!) Sending so much love to you three.
7) My blog. I feel like since my blog redesign and also since i got the courage to advertise on Rosie's blog that i've had a bit more of an audience and that's really touched me. I love writing this blog and reading some of the lovely blogs out there. It has been nice to interact with new visitors to my blog, as well as seeing all my loyal readers still around! Thanks guys!
8) Mara's blog. Especially this post. Mara and Danny seem like such wonderful and kind souls, and i consider them very brave to be so open about their experiences with IVF.
Mara is also an advocate of natural beauty products. Respect to this lady and a high 5. Plus, isn't she pretty with a great sense of style?!
9) Rainy days in New York - they're really fun! I sheltered from the downpour in David's Tea on 6th Avenue and was met with such exuberance and samples of iced tea, it was lovely (i went for the Queen of Tarts) and purchased "Honey Bee", a maté based tea, and "Cold 911", a herbal infusion. I then walked down to 2nd Avenue, stopping by a nail salon on the way to pay 9 dollars for a manicure (Essi Bordeaux if anyone is interested), in search of a great Swedish or Danish bakery i had been to on my last visit. Sadly it is now a Barbeque Grill Restaurant, so i settled for Starbucks on Astor Place. I was on a communal table and witnessed an argument between a young couple (she wanted a piercing, he was going to dump her if she got it, she found that ridiculous) which another Starbucks customer was also following and he wrote a message to me on his cup ("Break up already!") That made me laugh. Only in New York City!
10) My man JB. He's quite simply the best. Kind, generous, wise, patient, funny and fun to be with, i'm just so so lucky to have met this man! I love you JB!
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!